Only 6 of the remaining 11 Democratic candidates will be allowed to debate today. The Democratic National Committee has set rules that weed out participates even before the voting begins.
in order to get an invite you need
- 5% or more support in at least four different polls
- donations from at least 225,000 donors, including at least 1,000 donors in at least 20 states
the six candidates that made the cut
- Former Vice President Joe Biden
- Former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)
- Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)
- Billionaire activist Tom Steyer
Should DNC rules keep voters from hearing from some candidates? Check out the debate here.
You’ll hear about Medicare-for-all because it’s one of those issues that divides the candidates and helps us to make informed choices. But, what does is it? Geek out on the simplest explanation ever.