A private investment company holds an annual conference in Sun Valley, Idaho, in order to give big players a chance to hang out and talk business. We all want to know: what did the top dogs wear?
First, who are the big players?
Think Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Tony Blair Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin, LeBron James, Governor Chris Christie, Oprah—and you’ll get the picture. They’re the biggest of big in business, media, and philanthropy. Reporters snapped pics of their arrival.
So, what do billionaires wear when they’re chillin’ with other billionaires?
Check it out:
- François-Henri Pinault, chief executive of Kering (which is Gucci, Saint Laurent and Brioni), wore a stretched-out zip-up hoodie.
- Ron Meyer, vice chairman of NBCUniversal, wore a black cardigan with baggy black shorts.
- Omid Kordestani, executive chairman of Twitter, wore a Patagonia puffer
- Nick Woodman, GoPro, wore faded black T-shirt with a playing-card bunny on the front.
- Ivanka Trump chose an oversize white shirt and skinny jeans.
Apparently, when you’ve made the Sun Valley roster it’s no longer about the suit. In other words, not needing plumage may be the most vibrant sign of power.
Click here to read the NY Times article.